The BCS Sixth Form Learning agreement is intended to give our students a clear understanding of what they can expect, and in return what will be expected from them.
BCS will aim to provide:
- A friendly, caring supportive environment.
- A programme of courses that is delivered by suitably qualified and effective
- members of staff.
- A tutor, who monitors your progress, provides guidance and assistance in
- setting targets for improvements and provides one to one tutorials.
- A provision of structured guidance for the use of private study time.
- Support in developing good study skills and coping with stress.
- Support for any specific needs you may have.
- The opportunity to take part in extracurricular and leisure activities.
- A careers programme suited to your needs.
- Opportunities for you and your parents/guardians to discuss your progress.
In return our Sixth Former will be expected to:
- Be determined to make the most of your time at BCS, being prepared for
- learning and wanting to learn.
- Accept responsibility for your own learning with support of your subject
- teachers and tutor.
- Accept responsibility for resources/ books etc.
- Complete all work to the required standard by the required deadline.
- Use your private study time effectively.
- Attend all sessions punctually, including assembly.
- Respect the individual rights of all members of the school community.
- Attend all examinations and follow examination guidelines.
- Act as a positive role model.
- Adhere to the ICT code of conduct.
- Contribute to the life of BCS in aspects such as enrichment, charity and community work.
- Adhere to the Sixth Form Dress Code.
- In the case of absence ensure all work is completed on return or prior to absence.