Welcome to Bournemouth Collegiate School
- a personal welcome to you
A warm welcome to our sparkling school situated in a superb location adjacent to the golden beaches of Bournemouth and the idyllic natural harbour of Poole Bay. We are very proud of our happy, friendly and hugely successful school where everyone outperforms and grows in confidence, and where we all enjoy new challenges. We would be delighted to show you around our school, you are always welcome to visit. This website will give you a first glimpse into the huge variety of experiences and the multitude of opportunities we offer every pupil and student, but our school’s engaging and warm heart is best experienced in person on site.
DEVELOPMENT PLANS: BCS has announced a multi-million pound development programme including a new boarding house to cope with its strong growth, and Phase 1 is now complete.
As the only 3-18 co-educational, day and boarding independent school in Bournemouth and Poole we are able to deliver the very best education across a wide age range. Our split sites enhance the options available to pupils and parents. The rapidly expanding Senior School (11-18) in Southbourne caters for the day and boarding market up to the end of sixth form, including for pupils who enjoy flexi boarding. The Preparatory School in Parkstone, with its superb facilities, is a growing day school for pupils aged 3 to 11.
Kay Smith (Head of the Preparatory School) and I very much look forward to welcoming you to our school and we encourage you to browse our website; you will find a unique and exciting school where we aim to get the very best out of everyone.
Our mission is clear, our promise secure, and our commitment real and genuine. We are a school that places children first ..... and last!
Stephen Duckitt, Principal
THE BCS MISSION:
The Mission of Bournemouth Collegiate School is:
- Our Mission: Pupils at BCS will be nurtured, inspired and motivated to realise their unique potential. Our young people progress through their school careers with growing confidence in their ability to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
- Our Vision: BCS will be the first-choice provider of independent co-education for pupils aged 3-18 in the Bournemouth and Poole area.
- Our Values: Trust, honesty, respect, courage, integrity, kindness, resilience, perseverance.
- Our Promise: We will focus on and respond to the individual needs of every child in our care.