We offer a happy, caring, vibrant, friendly and safe home from home and we are a school that understands the needs of our boarders and parents.
- Almost a third of the school community boards.
- We offer boarding for 10-18 year olds, boys and girls.
- We offer full, weekly, day and flexi-boarding.
- Our boarders are from UK, Germany, France, Spain, Kazakhstan, Syria, Ukraine, South Korea, Russia, Thailand and Vietnam: a truly multicultural environment routed in British traditions and culture.
- Our students achieve excellent academic results.
- Our Prep sessions are monitored by our academic boarding staff.
- We offer a superb range of daily evening and weekend activities for boarders. These include trips to Madame Tussauds and London; international rugby matches; go karting and paintballing, as well as beach games and BBQs, jewellery making, music jam nights, knitting club and book clubs; cooking and charity events.
- We are 10 minutes by train/bus/car from Bournemouth town centre, with its excellent shopping, entertainment and theatres. For more information on the stunning location that surrounds us, please visit OUR LOCATION page.
- We are a 2-minute walk from the golden sandy beaches of Southbourne.
- The internationally acclaimed heritage sites of the New Forest, Stonehenge, and the Jurassic Coast are all within a 30 minutes’ drive of BCS.
- Excellent boarding and school facilities, including a swimming pool, sports hall and on-site gym.
- Sports Academy boarders benefit from their elite coaches being on-site running early morning and evening sessions.
- Superb in-house catering provides healthy and wholesome meals. We are able to cater for all tastes and dietary requirements;
- As a school we offer a wide range of subject choices.
- We have significant strengths in music, the arts and sport at BCS.
- Water sports are available for Boarders as an activity.
- We have happy boarders, delighted and satisfied parents and a school staff fully involved with boarders and their wellbeing.
OUR BOARDING PRINCIPLES & PRACTISE
BCS provides a stimulating and caring environment in which we respond to the needs of every pupil, helping all to reach their full potential. We aim to develop happy, confident and responsible young people, who are proud of their academic successes and personal achievement and fully equipped and prepared for the challenges of adult life. The boarding houses at BCS aim to create a positive family atmosphere, which enables all pupils to grow in confidence and independence. We aim to provide a secure and stable environment for all boarders, where there is always an adult presence without invading the pupils' sense of privacy. We encourage each boarder to develop their character, personality and talents within the framework of the community here. We endeavour to promote a positive, active involvement in the school and beyond.
As a boarding staff team we believe in a child-centred education and value the contribution and achievement of every pupil. We are a values focused school and these are extremely important to us and are central to everything we do every day: resilience, courage, perseverance, integrity, trust, honesty, kindness and respect.
Specifically, our aims are to:
celebrate a culture of success where everyone strives to achieve academic excellence through endeavour and diligence;
foster a safe, happy and supportive environment where creativity, curiosity and freedom of spirit can flourish;
engage pupils in activities and leadership choices that will make them socially responsible in their local and wider communities;
equip everyone with the skills for the demands and challenges of a rapidly changing world;
be an inclusive school where everyone is proud of who they are and what they can achieve.
To achieve our aims BCS believes strongly that we want to develop in every pupil, from the youngest to the oldest the 4Cs of BCS. Our broad and inclusive curriculum aims to develop the 4C pupil; they are: Curiosity - to explore new ideas and to find out why, Creativity - turning imagination into reality, Commitment - to strive for success in all areas; academic and co-curricular and Community - BCS is an all-inclusive and culturally diverse school where every pupil is valued and respected, and where we embrace and celebrate the differences in each other.